Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Activities!

Last week we took the boys to see Santa.  This Santa is the Santa we took Bennett to see when he was 1 and 2 years old.  Last year we see didn't get to see this Santa and I was disappointed, so we made a point to make sure we saw this Santa again!  They let you set an appointment which is awesome because you do not wait in line for an hour and they also video your kids time with Santa if you want them to.  I love looking back at our old videos so it is really nice to have.

Bennett has been beyond excited to see Santa and had his list ready!  He assured us he wasn't going to cry, which would be a first.  I was pretty certain Walker would lose it.  He is going through major separation anxiety from me right now.  We got there and we were one of the first appointments of the day so Santa walked by us while we were waiting and he came up to Bennett to say Hi and asked for a high five.  Bennett didn't hesitate to give him a high five, so I thought we were good to go!

We get up to sit on his lap and Walker started to cry a little and all of a sudden Bennett starts screaming "I want Mommy!!!".   I was surprised he got so upset but I think it freaked him out that Walker cried and so many people were watching and yelling for them to look at the camera.  The camera guy asked me to sit closer so the boys could look at me and still be facing the direction of the camera.  As soon as Santa pulled out their wish lists Bennett calmed down.  I guess he realized he needed to make sure Santa knew exactly what he wanted this year.  Walker ended up doing great and loved the little prop Elmo toy the camera guy had.  Walker was dying laughing every time he shook Elmo.  We finally got a non crying picture this year!!!!!  Walker has the biggest smile on his face and Bennett has a tiny smirk.  At least they aren't screaming for once!

This is just one I got with my phone not the actual picture we ended up with.  Santa was going over their lists ;)

Yesterday Bennett's class had their Christmas party at school.  I am the room mom this year so it was a lot of work coordinating everything and it made me realize I never want to be room mom again! Honestly I never wanted to be the room mom, but I was the last one to show up to Open House and the teachers asked me if I would mind signing up since no one else did.  Let me just say I will be first in line at Open House from now on to get first dibs on those sign up sheets!  I don't know how teachers deal with all of the parents, it can certainly test your patience!

Luckily the party went great and the kids and teachers had a great time.  That is really all that matters!  

Making his candy cane craft

Cutie!

Decorating his cookie

Bennett's last day of school is tomorrow until next year and Jeremy is off all of next week.  I am really looking forward to things slowing down a bit.  Jeremy and I actually finished all of our shopping and wrapping already!  My dad watched the boys for us all day on Saturday so we could finish our shopping.  I am so glad everything is done and now we can just relax and do more fun things like bake and countdown to the big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment